9 Coolest Gmail Tricks Every GMailer Should Know:- Think you are making the most out of Gmail? I would ask you to think again. Be it instant messaging or phone calling, mailing has always been and will continue to be the most reliable form of communication. Gmail has become the synonym for emailing. It’s high time that you explored the endless possibilities of Gmail that you can accomplish with just a few clicks and taps. What are you waiting for? Let’s dive into the article!
1. Filter Feature
You can filter your emails with certain conditions. You can choose not to let some emails ever enter your inbox or mark some emails as important; any way as you wish.
- First of all, click on the grey coloured down arrow associated with the Gmail search box. Now you can fill in the conditions to filter your mails. Like you can specify a particular email id from which you would like to filter mails coming from. Once you are done, click on the link that says Create filter with this search.
- Now you can choose what to do when a message arrives that matches your search criteria. When you are done, click on the Create filter button at the bottom.
2. Send and Archive Button
You can merge the operations of sending and archiving into a single one.
- Click on the gear icon which is located at the top right corner of your Gmail window. As next, click on the Settings option.
- Now under the tab General, find a section named Send and Archive. Simply select the radio button for Show Send and Archive button in reply. When you are all set, don’t forget to scroll down and hit the Save changes button.
3. In Search Operator
- You can use the In search operator to view mails in a particular location or label. Simply type in: before your search keyword.
4. Subject Search Operator
- The Subject search operator is used to list all those mails with the specified subject.
5. Filename Search Operator
- With the Filename search operator, you can search for those mails which have the specifiled file type or name.
6. Before and After Search Operator
- The before search operator lists all those mails sent or received before the specified date and the After search operator lists the mails sent or received after the specified date.
7. Mute Threads
- Tired of getting unwanted mails from different threads? Simply select the disturbing threads and hit More actions to Mute them.
8. Undo Send Mail
Came to senses only after hitting the Send button? Don’t worry, there is a solution for that too.
- Click on the gear icon to go to Settings. Now under the tab General, select the option Enable Undo Send. Now you can set the Send cancellation period to 30s to have the longest send cancellation period possible.
- Now, once you send a mail, you will have an option at the top to undo the send.
9. Send Large Files
Don’t use Gmail the conventional way anymore. Hope you found the article useful. Stay tuned for more tips, tricks and hacks.