How to save file search result in windows 10 and use them later:- Searching for the same file over and over is not likely a task, one would fall in love with. This results in both time loss and monotony. Windows has a solution for you. Yes, it actually lets you save your search results such that the process will be quick the next time when you try to access the same file. The feature has been around since the release of windows Vista. This functionality saves a lot of time as the search result can be saved and even be pinned on to the start menu, which is a quick access area. In this article, I have explained the steps by which a search result can be saved on your Windows 10 and Windows 7. Read on, to learn all about this simple trick, which can be quite handy at times.
- Open the windows file explorer. Now locate the Search Bar at the top right corner of the window. Type in your search query and press Enter. Now the search results will begin to appear. You can save these search results. Find the button named Save search from the ribbon at the top. Now click on it.
- Now a new window named Save as opens up. You got to give a name for your search results and then click on Save button at the bottom to save the search results.
- You can find your saved searches from the folder named Searches.
- You can either double click on a saved search to access it or you can even pin a saved search to the start menu. To pin a saved search to the start menu, right click on the saved search and from the context menu that appears, click on the one that says Pin to Start, from where you can access your saved search later.
- Saving search results is a feature that is not only available in Windows 10, but also in Windows 7 as well. Inorder to save a search result on Windows 7, simply run a search just like it was done in the case of Windows 10. Now click on File from the top of the window. Now under the File options, find the one named Save search and click on it.
- Now just like in Windows 10, a new window pops up, named Save as. Give your search result a name, so it can be accessed using that name at a later point of time. Click on Save button. That’s it, you are done.
So remember, the next time when you are upto accessing the same file again and again by using windows search, you can always ask our save search result feature to come up with help. Hope the article was found helpful.