Troubleshooters in Windows 10 provide an excellent way to fix and pinpoint certain problems. But sometimes, these troubleshooters also give errors. For example many users have reported getting the following error message while running Troubleshooter.
An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can’t continue. Error Code: 0x80070002
Here are working Fixes for this weird Problem.
Fix 1 – Using Notepad File
1. Search Notepad in Windows 10 Taskbar Search.
2. Click the Notepad Icon to Open Notepad.
3. Now, Copy and paste the following Code Below in the Notepad.
@echo off net stop wuauserv cd %systemroot% ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old net start wuauserv net stop bits net start bits net stop cryptsvc cd %systemroot%\system32 ren catroot2 catroot2.old net start cryptsvc regsvr32 Softpub.dll regsvr32 Wintrust.dll regsvr32 Mssip32.dll regsvr32 Initpki.dll /s echo Restarting Computer shutdown.exe -r -t 00
4. Now, in Notepad Click on File.
5. Choose Save as.
6. in File name section Provide the name Fixer.bat.
7. In file type Choose all files from Dropdown.
8. Save this file on Desktop.
9. Now, Click and Run this file Once.
Your Problem will get Fixed.
Fix 2 – Check the Service Manager
1. Search Services in windows 10 Taksbar.
2. Now, Open Service manager.
3. Now, in the Service manager window, just check if following services are running .
Diagnostic Policy Service. Make sure that Startup Type should be Automatic.
Diagnostic Service Host. Make sure that Startup Type should be Manual.
Diagnostic System Host. Make sure that Startup Type should be Manual.
4. If the Services are not Running, Just Click on Start to start these services and Change startup type as above to each of the services.
Note:- If you Click on start to any of these services which are not running, some users may experience the error given below.
Windows could not start the Diagnostic Service Host service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process
To get rid of this Follow the steps given below: –
1. Right Click on the particular service which threw the error and click on Properties.
2. Now, Click on the Log on Tab.
3. Next, Choose Browse.
4. Now, in the Section saying Enter the Object name to select section, just write your Computer Username.
5. Now, Click on Check names and then Choose OK.
6. Now, Go again and try to start the service again.
Fix 3 – Repair .Net framework installation
1. Go to Control panel.
2. Click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Now, Right click on .NET Framework and Choose Uninstall/change.
4. Now, Choose repair .net Framework to its Original stage.
Most Probably your Problem Must have got fixed.