How To Download and Browse Offline an Entire Website Using HTTrack Website Copier:- Got a long vacation ahead and the place you are going to visit has no Internet facilities? Indeed a bittersweet moment. But what if I tell you that you can take your favourite site along with you and can browse anytime you want without having an active Internet connection? Well, that’s possible, to your surprise. With HTTrack Website Copier tool, you can download any website of any size right into your PC and access it anytime you want, any place you prefer. Read on, to learn how to download an entire website and to browse it without an active Internet connection.
See also :
- First you need to get the HTTrack Website Copier tool from its official website. You can get it from here. Once the download is complete, go to the location where you downloaded the setup file to. Double click on the icon as shown in the screenshot to install the HTTrack Website Copier tool.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the HTTrack Website Copier tool. Simply click on the Next button to proceed to the downloading of the website that you want.
- Give a name to your project. As next, give the location at which your website is to be downloaded. I have chosen to have my webiste downloaded to my desktop.
- Now give the URL of the webiste that you want to download as shown in the screenshot. You can even download a single page of a website and all its associated links if that’s what you want. The choice is yours. In the given screenshot, I have given the URL of a particluar webpage. Click Next button when you are done.
- Just click on the Finish button in the next page to start the download procedure.
- You will be shown the progress of your download as shown in the following screenshot.
- Once the download is complete, you can click on the View error log button to see if there are any errors.
- You can view the error log and if there aren’t too many errors, your site is most probably downloaded.
- Click on the button named Browse Mirrored Website to view and browse through the site that you just downloaded.
- Another way to get to the downloaded site is by going to the location where you downloaded your website. This location was given by you in step number 3.
- Find and open the page named index.html as shown in the screenshot.
- Execution of the previous step will let you view all the projects that you have created so far. Click on the website, that you want to view and browse, to launch it.
- Viola, if you have a look at the URL of the site, you can easily single out the fact that the entire webiste is stored locally in your PC.
That’s it. You no longer need to worry about not having anything to do while you are on a vacation in a deserted place. You can just take your favourite websites with you and have all the fun you want. Hope you found the article useful.