Chrome is the most preferred form of browser among many of us. What makes it such appealing is it’s user friendly interfaces, faster browsing experiences, and ease of access. But at the same time, security is a major concern while browsing through various web pages. When you are using the wi-fi network provided by third party organizations, there are chances that the information might get stolen. Chrome warns you whenever it finds out any abnormal tracks taken while you browse things on the web. The following message arises when your credentials and data hit the spy’s eyes.
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.xxx.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
The Secure Socket Layer(SSL) is a feature that helps the web pages to protect the details you enter into them. Whenever your net connection can’t load those web pages in a protected mode, then such an error arises and there are more chances of attackers creeping into your data.Before getting into the details of solving the issue,let me tell you some events that might have caused the SSL error to occur in your Google Chrome.
- Whenever the certification of SSL for that particular site is not provided by a TTP(Trusted Third Party).
- Whenever the method of communication between your internet connection and the browser which you are currently on, is not protected.
- Google fails to verify the certificate from a Trusted Third Party as it is not maintained up-to-date.
Let me now get on to the various methods that can help you out with the Insecure Connection Error.
Change date and time settings
One of the main reasons behind such an error may be the wrong date and time settings. The SSL might fail to fetch data from the server when an inaccurate date is provided. To change them, go to Date and Time under Settings in your system, and choose the option Set Time Automatically. This helps in securing loading of data.
Slide the bar below Set Time Automatically to turn it on.This lets the system to fetch time directly from the network, thus providing accurate measures.
Clearing History In Chrome
There are chances that the junk files accumulated in Chrome, stops the web pages from getting loaded in a proper manner. To overcome such an issue, we can completely clean the Chrome and then check whether the error has disappeared. To accomplish this,
- Go to Settings,the three horizontal lines, in the top right of Chrome.
- Go to Show Advanced Settings by scrolling down on the window.Click on it.
- Under Privacy, choose the option Clear Browsing data.
- The data can be cleared as shown in the screenshot below.
- Under Reset settings, choose the option Reset if you need to completely reset the Chrome to its default state.
Method 3 – Just ignore the message and choose to proceed
Just click on advanced and it will expand .
just click on proceed to the website.
Method 4 – Check the Antivirus Software
Sometimes antivirus programs block the website’s security certificate and in result you face “your connection is not private” error on Web browsers. Here’s what to do:
- In Avast Free Antivirus, go to Settings → Active Protection → Web Shield → Customize, and finally uncheck the “Enable HTTPS scanning” box.
- In Bitdefender antivirus software, firstly open the main interface of Bitdefender and then go to Settings. Click on Privacy Control → Antiphishing tab → turn OFF the Scan SSL.
Method 5 – Clear browsing data of chrome
Just Go to Settings → Show advanced settings → Clear browsing data under Privacy options.
Get Rid Of Warning Messages
In order to avoid any warning messages that appear on your screen, follow the steps below.
- On the address bar, you find at the top of the browser, type the phrase chrome://flags.
- You will find a window with a variety of options popping up. Scroll down to find the option Remember decisions to proceed through SSL errors for a specified length of time.
- You will find a drop down menu below it. This lets you choose the period of time for which the warning messages doesn’t appear on the browser.
Try out the above given methods to help you out with this problem. Hope you found the article useful!