Some windows 10 users reported that when they maximised a window of any application like browser (Chrome,IE etc) or a program , it shows an empty or black space at the top. The rest screen looks OK, and behaves normal. This thing is bugging many users and if you happen to be one among them, then here is the fix to solve the problem.
Fix 1 – Using Intel Graphics control panel
1. Search Control panel in windows 10 search box. Click on control panel icon.
2. Search Intel Graphics Settings in the search box.
3. Click on Display.
4. Select Scale Full screen and check Override Application settings.
5. Click on Apply.
Fix 2 – End Dwm.exe in Task manager
This is a quick but weird workaround, but works anyway.
1. Right click on Taskbar and Choose Task manager.
2. Click on details tab.
3. Locate dwm.exe , Right click on dwm.exe and choose end Task.