A user asked me in comment section that when he is trying to delete a folder, an error message appears saying The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program. If you are also facing this problem, here is a quick working fix for this problem.
Fix 1 – The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program
1. Press Window key + R to open run.
2. Write resmon.exe in it and Click OK.
3. Now, Click on CPU tab.
4. Click on Associated Handles.
5. Now, Search the folder name or file name in the search handles box.
6. Right click on the process from the list and Choose end process.
Now, Go ahead and try again. You will face absolutely no problem.
Fix 2 – Restart Windows Explorer
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together on your keyboard to Open task manager.
2. Locate Windows explorer, right click on it and Choose Restart.
Fix 3 – Disable Preview Pane
If by anyhow , you have enabled preview pane , Just disable it and try again.
Just Press Alt+P together to disable it if it is enabled. OR alternatively, you can just click on View and then click on Preview pane to disable it.