Fixed – Credential Manager Error 0x80070057 “The parameter is incorrect”:- You have got a Digital Locker for your passwords in Windows. Credential Manager saves all your usernames and associated passwords in a very secure way. All these passwords are securely connected with your profile. But sometimes, you might be unable to manage the web passwords with Credential Manager as you might be thrown the Error code: 0x80070057. Error Message: The Parameter Is Incorrect error message. In that case, you could try out the following two methods to overcome this issue.
Method 1 – By Using services.msc
- Press WIN+R keys together to open the Run dialog box. When it opens up, type in services.msc and hit enter key.
- Find the entry named Credential Manager from the Services window. When you find it, right click on it and then click on Properties.
- As next, choose Manual from the Startup type drop down menu and hit the Start button. Once you are done, hit Apply and Ok buttons. That’s it. See if your issue is resolved. If not, proceed to Method 2.
Method 2 – By Using File Explorer
Warning : Performing the steps below would delete all your saved web and app passwords. But this can resolve the issue with Credential Manager.
- Press WIN+R keys together to open the Run dialog box. When it opens up, type in %appdata% and hit enter key.
- The previous step would open up the Roaming folder in the file explorer. As next, double click on the Microsoft folder to view its contents.
- Now you need to double click on the Protect folder as shown in the screenshot given below.
- There will be a single folder inside the Protect folder. Open it.
- If you are unable to view its contents, it means you cannot view the hidden files. To view the hidden files, click on Tools tab, then on Folder options.
- This will open up the Folder Options window. Under the View tab, there will be a section for Advanced settings. Check the radio button corresponding to the option Show hidden files, folders, and drives-ON. As next, hit Apply and Ok buttons.
- Now you will be able to view the hidden files. Press CTRL+A keys together to select all the files. Then right click and choose the Delete option. That’s it. This should solve your issue.
Hope one of the above methods resolved your issue. If you are still stuck with the same problem, please feel free to leave comments, we would be happy to help. Stay tuned for more tricks, tips, and hacks.