Are you bored with the default dull folder icons?
How about changing your folder icons from this
Without much ado here are the steps:
- Go to Google and search for the term folder icons
- You will be bombarded with zillions of options. You can choose the one of your liking.
- The one we used for our representation above have been taken from the site http://www.iconarchive.com/ (Please note, we are in no way affiliated or associated with the site of iconarchive).
- Search and open the image as per your choice.
- Download the image, preferable in .ico format.
- If you don’t get .ico format, use any standard image editor to edit the image in sizes of either 16 pixel, 24 pixel, 32 pixel, 48 pixel, 64X64 pixel, 72X72 pixel, 96X96 pixel or 128X128 pixel. Save as .ico.
- Now go to the folder for which you wish to change the icon.
- Right click > Properties > Customize > Change Icon > Browse to the .ico file you saved in step 5 or step 6 above.
- And Voila! You are done.
You may thank me for making your pc awesome just by posting a comment below or subscribing to our site.
Note: Notice how the name of the folder also changes once we change the icons. Don’t worry that can be done by using the age old method of renaming the folder. There is no hidden trick in that. 🙂
And By the way, thanks in advance for sharing the post on Facebook and tweeting it to your followers.