Many users are reporting that when they try to Search from File explorer they are not able to search files or folders from it. Here are some easy fixes for this Problem.
Fix 1 – Rebuild Search Index
1. Search Indexing Options in Windows 10 Taskbar Search.
2. Click on Advanced.
3. Choose Tab File Types
4. Select Index Properties and File Contents
5. Click OK.
6. Choose OK when the Confirmation prompt pops up.
Fix 2 – Make sure Windows Search Service is Running
1. Press Windows key + R together to Open RUN.
2. Now, Write services.msc in it and Press OK.
3. Locate Windows Search Service, right click on it and Click on Properties.
4. Make sure the Startup Type is Automatic. If it is not Change it to Automatic.
5. Make sure that Service is running also. If it is not running, Click on start to start it.
Fix 3 – End Cortana Process
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to Open Task manager.
2. Now, Locate Cortana and do a Right Click on it and Choose End task.
Doing this will restart the Cortana process and will Fix the issue.
Fix 4 – Add System permission to a folder
If this problem persists with a particular folder then , system permission may be missing from the folder. To set this do this:
1. Do a Right click on the folder
2. Click on Properties
3. Click on Security Tab.
4. If you do not see System in the List of Group or User Name, Click on Edit.
5. Click on Add.
6. Write system in the text box and Click on Check names.
7. Keep Clicking on OK and Close every Open box so far.
Fix 5 – Troubleshoot Search and Indexing
1. Press Windows key + R together and write Control Panel in RUN command Box and Click OK to Open Control Panel.
2. Search Troubleshoot in search box situated at Top right
3. Click on Troubleshooting
4. Click on View all from the Right Menu.
5. Locate Search and Indexing and Click on it.
6. Choose Files Don’t appear in Search Results
7. Proceed with On Screen instructions.