Google Chrome is the most popular browser among the current generation of Windows 10 users. There are various inbuilt features in it that helps you enjoy a faster browsing experience. But not all the features will be equally appealing to all it’s users.
Let us consider a simple case.Whenever you come across a web page that redirects you to a link containing an application in the Windows Store , normally the Store app opens up. From there, you will be directed to the download page of the application in Store.The Store app started appearing in the Windows OS from the Windows 8 version.It is undoubtedly true that it is great in terms of its wide variety of apps and downloads. Still, if you are so much attached to Google Chrome, you would want the application to open up in the browser, and not from its default Store app.
Also read: – How to View Windows store Purchase History
This article discusses on this issue. Follow the steps provided below in their article. When you do so, any application that is available in the Windows Store will now open up directly in the Chrome browser .
STEPS TO PREVENT CHROME FROM OPENING WINDOWS STORE APP
The steps we will be discussing below should be accomplished as they are. Any change may cause errors in the browser. For precautions, I recommend you to take a backup of your browser before proceeding further.
- First of all, you will have to navigate to the location provided below on your PC.
C: Drive \ Users\<Your Username>\ AppData\ Local\ Google\ Chrome\ User Data
The Your Username in the above given location must be replaced by the username of your system. In my case, the name is User.
- In the window that is currently opened, you will find a file named Local State. You can scroll down to search for it. Open up the file using Notepad.
- You will find the notepad completely filled. Though it might be a bit confusing, a little bit of time spent on it can help you out.
- Press Ctrl + F and search for ms-windows.
- The value ms-windows-store will initially be set to false as shown.
- You will have to change it’s value to true.Change it as “ms-windows-store”:true
Now , you have told the chrome to open up the store app directly in its browser.
That’s it . Now you wouldn’t have to face the trouble anymore. Hope this article is useful to you!.