If you are Using a Windows 10 Laptop and your WiFi Keeps disconnecting automatically then this problem is affecting many users and you are not the only one facing this problem. In this post, we will Fix your Problem by using simple methods.
Fix 1 – Switch Network from Public to Private
For security reasons, Windows 10 keeps disconnecting after certain time period. So, switching your network from public to private does the trick. Here is how to change Network from Public to private
1. Press Windows Key + R together at once to open run command box.
2. Copy and paste the location given below to open WiFi settings.
3. Click on your Connected WiFi Network which shows.
4. Now, select Private radio option as your Network Option on Next page
Fix 2- Reset TCP/IP configuration
1. Search cmd in Windows 10 Search box.
2. Right click on Command prompt icon and run as administrator.
3. Now, Run the following command given below one by one in command prompt.
netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
Fix 3 – Configure Power management
1. Press Windows key + R together to Open run.
2. Write ncpa.cpl in it and click OK.
3. Right click on your WiFi Adapter and Choose Properties.
4. Click on Configure.
5. Click on Power Management Tab.
6. Now, Uncheck Option saying Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
7. Click on OK.
If Everything Fails Try this
If every thing fails, you should consider replacing your Router.
If you are able to connect other devices with the router correctly without losing connection frequently (It shows your Router may be OK), then your inbuilt WiFi adapter may be faulty. You can buy a new USB type WiFi Adapter and disable the inbuilt One.